Academic Year in Ireland
The “green” land
Ireland provides the ideal paradise for pupils to study English and immerse themselves in an enriching culture. The country stands out for its excellent educational system, ranked among the ten best in the world, as well as offering a homely atmosphere, an affordable standard of living, a hospitable welcome and its recognised family tradition. Known as the Emerald Isle, Ireland offers a scenic paradise populated with legendary castles and leafy hills that perish on sheer cliffs; a dream setting that tells its epic stories. Ireland, land of castles, for which distance and home are not mutually exclusive.
We work with many centres in Ireland, mainly in the southern region (the counties of Cork and Tipperary), the west (Clare, Kerry and Limerick counties) and in the Dublin area.
The centres are small and generally tend not to have more than 400 pupils. They are Catholic (although pupils can be of any religious denomination and all kinds of beliefs or thought are respected) and may be coeducational or single-sex.
International pupils study English, Mathematics and Religion as compulsory subjects and may choose from other optional subjects. Subjects are grouped by Applied Sciences, Languages, Arts, Company/Business Studies and Social Studies.
Almost all schools have a programme of organised sports, social and cultural activities, either after school hours or at the weekend. Typical sporting activities are: Basketball, football, hurling, hockey, tennis, gymnastics and swimming. Social and cultural activities include: Theatre, debates, trivia type competitions (quizzes), exhibitions, films, discos and excursions.
|10-11||5º EP||5th Class|
|11-12||6º EP||6th Class|
|12-13||1º ESO||1st Year|
|13-14||2º ESO||2nd Year|
|14-15||3º ESO||3rd Year|
|15-16||4º ESO||4th Year (T. Year)|
|Year 11, GCSE's||1º Bach.||5th Year|
|Year 12.||2º Bach.||6th Year|
THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
- Information meeting
- English level test
- Information guide
- Parent and pupil orientation meeting
- Support and assistance from the Spanish office
- Schooling and tuition for the term/school year
- Accommodation with host family/in residence
- Full board (including lunch during the week)
- Books and uniforms are on loan
- Support and supervision coordinator at the destination
- Advice on validation management
- Medical insurance and civil liability
- Airport transfers at the beginning and end of the course (including Christmas)
- 24h emergency telephone number in Spain and Ireland
THE PROGRAMME DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Extracurricular activities and excursions
- Extra uniform
- Sports equipment
- Personal expenses
- Other types of transfers
- Resedential payments
- Costs of translation and validation
- Transition year supplement
We have got the perfect academic
programme for you