English & Activities in St. Swithun’s, England
Age: 11-17 years
Date: please consult
Winchester is a lovely city located 120km southwest of London, just a few kilometres from the famous port of Southampton. Founded in 1884, St. Swithun’s is considered one of the UK’s most prestigious private schools. The course has extended programs for tennis, soccer and dance, allowing pupils to choose their preferred activity and practice it in English with the experts. Pupils have 3 sessions of 2.5/3 hours per week dedicated to their favourite activity.
Tennis: Given by Lawn Tennis Association coaches, plus a visit to the Royal Wimbledon Tennis Club and its museum.
Football: In the hands of FA (The Football Association) professionals, plus a fabulous tour of the Emirates Stadium (Arsenal F. C.).
Dance: One performance per week, rehearsing different choreographies, plus final work.
- Halls of residence
- Shared room for four to eight students
- Full board
- Weekly laundry service
- Common rooms
- Wi-Fi throughout the centre
- 10 Tennis courts
- Covered pavilion
- Heated swimming pool
- Sports fields
- Return flight to London
- Airport transfers at destination
- Accompanied by a teacher during travel and stay
- 15 hours of English per week (20 lessons of 45 minutes)
- 3 weekly sessions of 2.5h to 3h each of tennis, football, or dance
- Highly qualified teachers
- Academic materials necessary for the course
- Certificate of attendance at the end of the course
- One full day and one afternoon excursion per week
- Daily social and cultural programme
- 24 hour phone line throughout the course
- Travel insurance and medical assistance